[U-Boot] include/autoconf.mk:212: *** missing separator. Stop.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 16 13:35:36 CET 2008

Hi all...

When running "MAKEALL", I see occasional

/home/wd/git/u-boot/work/include/autoconf.mk:212: *** missing separator.  Stop.

errors for some boards. The line numbers are changing (57,  85,  113,
129,  183,  212,  215  etc.),  and so are the affected boards (barco,
kilauea, MPC8544DS, neo, PM856, sequoia). But the build continues  to
run and completes successfully without additional warnigns or errors.
Repeating the build will show the problem with other line numbers and
other boards.

The problem is obviously related  to  running  parallel  build  (this
happens on a 4 core system); if I use a single make job it goes away.

It looks as if some build step was using autoconf.mk before the task
building it has completed.

I've searched, but did not find any place where this could happen.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Any ideas where to look at?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Old programmers never die, they just branch to a new address.