[U-Boot] EHCI last patch

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Dec 17 16:05:03 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

On Wednesday 17 December 2008, michael wrote:
> I have rewrite and clean the support for ehci-pci but I don't have any
> hardware to test on it. My
> code is like this:
>
> int ehci_hcd_init(void)
> {
>         pci_dev_t pdev;
>         uint32_t addr;
>
>         pdev = pci_find_devices(ehci_pci_ids, CONFIG_PCI_EHCI_DEVICE);
>         if (dev == -1) {
>                 printf("EHCI host controller not found\n");
>                 return -1;
>         }
>
>         pci_read_config_dword(dev, PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_0, &addr);
>         hccr = (struct ehci_hccr *)addr;
>         hcor = (struct ehci_hcor *)((uint32_t) hccr +
>                         HC_LENGTH(ehci_readl(&hccr->cr_capbase)));
>
>         return 0;
> }
>
> and the CONFIG_PCI_EHCI_DEVICE. I notice that there is a table in
> usb_ohci too. Is there any
> reason?
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_PCI_EHCI_DEVICE
> static struct pci_device_id ehci_pci_ids[] = {
>         /* Please add supported PCI EHCI controller ids here */
>         {0, 0}
> };
> #endif
>
> It is very simple. The problem is thath currently I don't have any other
> hardware to test the code.

That's ok for now. I will test on one of my systems and add the needed PCI
ID(s).

> I have done some cleanup and I have the ixp4xx usb host support ready
> too. Are there people with ehci
> hardware running u-boot?

There are many, I'm sure. For example some PPC4xx variants which could use
this EHCI support. So I'm pretty sure that patches for supporting other EHCI
controllers will follow soon once your patches hit mainline (next merge
window I suspect).

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan