[U-Boot] u-boot didn't mount ramdisk ...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 18 22:50:14 CET 2008

Dear Mike,

In message <7103aeea0812180831y258494c4obe34e934f87450f5 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> You are correct, U-Boot does not load the RAMdisk image since the
> image is already stored in NOR flash memory. Sorry for my
> carelessness...
> Below is the kernel start log, Could you please take a look into it
> and give my any suggestions?

That's difficult for me, given the fact that I don't  know  how  your
kernel was modified and/or configured.

> => setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/ram0 ro mem=100M

You might have to pass an address for the inital ramdisk as  part  of
the  bootargs;  I  don't  know how your kernel passes such parameters
between boot loader and kernel.  And  even  then  your  kernel  might
expect  that  the ramdisk image is in RAM, not in flash. As mentioned
before, patches have been posted here several times. Search the  list
archive, please.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The more data I punch in this card,  the lighter it becomes, and the
lower the mailing cost."
                     - Stan Kelly-Bootle, "The Devil's DP Dictionary"