[U-Boot] How to initial the new memory within u-boot ?

peter meng mengsanshui at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Dec 20 10:21:24 CET 2008

Hi, ALL

I'm newbie with u-boot .
I use s3c2412 with a Mobile SDR SDRAM (K4M56163PI chip) and copy the process of initial code(memory controler) that other people already used for s3c2412 in u-boot .

I can not access the memory after initial it(memory controler) .
For testing ,I only wirte a value into memory then read it from same place , but found the return value  is always  zero .
Therefore i think the process of initial is incorrectly .

1. Does anybody has used this memory chip  before ?
2. What's configure option i  must consider ?
3. Where can find the setup guide of memory chip  with u-boot ?

Thanks Advanced .
Best Regards.
Peter Meng