[U-Boot] Error in buffer data for NAND flash write, read on OMAP3430SDP.

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 24 07:26:45 CET 2008

Krishna,

Radha Krishna wrote:
>  Hi All,
>
>  I am using NAND Flash write, read APIs for writing and
>  reading of my data to/from the same block.
>
>  [SNIP]
>  OMAP34XX SDP # nand dua//I created this command

Can you give details what this custom command is doing? See below, too.

>   The manufacturer id = 2c
>    device Id = a1
>  Erasing at 0x01440000  -- 100% complete. Cleanmarker written
>  at 0x01440000 .
>   ERASE OK
>  Writing data at 0x01440000  -- 100% complete.
>   WRITE OK
>  Reading data from 0x01440000  -- 100% complete.
>   READ OK
>   OMAP34XX SDP #
>
>  But when I compare write buffer and read buffer,some of the
>  data is not matching(read data is different from write
>  data).
>
>  Could some one tell me the solution for this.

Can you give complete log and more details of what you are doing, i.e.
complete output from board boot on? What would be helpful:

- U-Boot version, where do you got it from
- printenv output (showing the native commands for your "nand dua" above).
- Which data you are writing. Can you try it with some dummy data you
can share here making other people able to test this. Maybe you can
create some easy test data with mw.w and mm.l commands (e.g. writing
all zero's or some other dummy data)
- How do you compare the data
- Other useful info

Many thanks