[U-Boot] [ Ramdisk crc error ]

sean yskim at human-rh.com
Fri Nov 14 10:40:56 CET 2008

I've upgrade the capacity of Ram size from 256M to 512M on my custom board
based on SEQUOIA.

(U-boot Version:2008.10-rc2)

I built a ramdisk image which is 72MB.( Also, I modified rd_size to 73728)

When I boot up my board, I've got a message like below.

.

.

crc error

EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended

.

.

Why does "crc error" occur??

If I use ramdisk image which is 4MB, "crc error" is not appeared.

And also if I use u-boot for 256MB on 512MB board, "crc error" is not
appeared.

Here are my U-boot source which I modified to upgrade memory.

Sequoia.h

#define CFG_MBYTES_SDRAM        (512)

Sdram.c

Everything Related DDR Control Register

Init.s

tlbentry( CFG_SDRAM_BASE_2nd, SZ_256M, CFG_SDRAM_BASE_2nd, 0,
AC_R|AC_W|AC_X|SA_G|SA_I )

amcc-common.h

#define CFG_SDRAM_BASE_2nd    0x10000000

Thanks.