[U-Boot] BDI3000 help needed

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 17 00:31:41 CEST 2009

Dear Nikhil,

In message <4A380672.30101 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> We are about to purchase a BDI3000. We need to reprogram the flash on an
> MPC8540ADS board.
>
> I am looking at this webpage:
> http://ultsol.3dcartstores.com/CodeWarrior-Support_c_8.html
>
> which sells BDI3000 bundled with other software. Can someone tell me
> what additional software would I need to work with the BDI3000. Also,
> can you point me to documentation on how to reprogram the flash and
> install U-boot on the board.

You want the bundle BDI3000 with software bdiGDB (interface software
for GNU debugger).

For BDI documentation see the manual,
http://www.abatron.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/products/pdf/ManGdbPQ3-2000C.pdf

For config files see ftp://78.31.64.234/bdigdb/config/

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of nature,
because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No  such  faith  comforts
the software engineer.                             - Fred Brooks, Jr.