[U-Boot] DM6467 Ethernet Interface Issue - Req support

Balaji Sivakumar, ERS, HCLTech balajisk at hcl.in
Mon Jul 5 07:12:06 CEST 2010

Hi All,

Let me introduce myself am Balaji; we are currently working on a hardware board design project for an Industrial application.

The processor used in TMS320DM6467ZUTA. We are facing an issue with Ethernet interface. The Ethernet PHYceiver IC interfaced with processor is L-ET1011C2-C-D (Gigabit Ethernet PHYceiver from LSI).

The Ethernet PHYceiver IC is configured by processor through MDIO interface. We are able to read the Ethernet Phyceiver default registers value through code composer studio with different MDIO Clock settings.

After that I connected crossover cable between my board and Test PC, assigned the static IP address and also the netmask 255.255.255.0.

After that I pinged the Test PC IP in the Serial Terminal, it says "Host is not alive" and also I tried running the TFTP server on Test PC and sent the TFTP command in the Terminal, it is trying for file(UImage), but it fails and trying for another time.

The same procedure I did in the TMS320DM6467 Eval Board, it is able to ping the Host IP and TFTP works.

So we are not sure where is the problem, hardware wise both the Eval board and our board same only.

Request anyone guide to solve the problem, am also planning to port the latest u-boot (u-boot-latest.tar.bz2) in my board.

If required I will share my hardware details.

Thanks,
 - Balaji S

DISCLAIMER: