[U-Boot] Question about patches

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 01:22:20 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Graeme Russ,
>
> In message <AANLkTilaJ7MVv7VxxreBkCCSzYSZVSqULk_3I5AHlS4s at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>> I'm sure you'll argue that this is poor development management, but I
>> find myself more efficient if a 'get in the zone' and then go back and
>> break things up. It also serves as a really good self imposed code review
>
> No, I don't argue. I'm trying to undestand. I am well aware that there
> are many tools for the same tasks, and the most efficient ones are
> these you know well, so "vi" is probably much more eficient to me than
> your favorite editor is to you.  But I always like at least to know
> what the tools can do that I don't use or don't know that well -
> sometimes  - sometimes i's time to make room in the toolbox for a new
> tool or another :-)

Knowing what tools others use (and those tools influence how people work)
is very helpful in understanding how and why people do what they do

You have a very good grip on git, and I would suggest stg is not really
going to make your life any easier. I know only a few git commands, so
stg is good for me. Who knows, over time I may get to know git well enough
to not need stg any more ;)

--
Graeme