[U-Boot] How can i add intterrupt for AT91SAM9260EK board

Reinhard Meyer reinhard.meyer at emk-elektronik.de
Thu Jul 29 08:25:53 CEST 2010

zhou yu wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Zhou Yu,
>     I want to add a interrupt for AT91SAM9260EK board. When I define
> CONFIG_USE_IRQ in at91sam9260ek.h,
> then compile, I got error message "error: CONFIG_USE_IRQ not supported". I
> don't know why put this message here so I commented out.

It is there BECAUSE the current source for AT91 does NOT support
interrupts...
> Then I define CONFIG_STACKSIZE_IRQ, CONFIG_STACKSIZE_FIQ like this, and
> compile complete.
>     #define CONFIG_STACKSIZE_IRQ  4096
>     #define CONFIG_STACKSIZE_FIQ  4096
>
> Download u-boot.bin to my board with sam-ba.exe, and reset. When u-boot run
> to enable_interrupts() in board.c, the board halt.
>
> What should I do?  Thank you!

It requires more than commenting the message out :)

You have add interrupt handling (write source) to AT91 in general and
provide a patch for that.

But first you have to define why you need interrupts (in the u-boot
phase) in the first place.

Best Regards
Reinhard