[U-Boot] [RFC] mpc83xx: add config options to spd_sdram

Andre Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Fri Apr 8 18:43:32 CEST 2011

On 04/08/2011 06:36 PM, York Sun wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 18:29 +0200, Andre Schwarz wrote:
>> York,

>>> I welcome the change to use the new code since the feature you asked is
>>> already there.
>> sorry, but I'm not sure if I understand this correctly.
>>
>> What I need is some minor non-intrusive changes to 83xx-specific file
>> spd_sdram.c because it is the most straightforward solution with *no*
>> impact on code size or other existing boards. So: The feature I ask for
>> is *not* already there.
>>
>> What I definitely won't do is use the "new" fsl ddr code in mpc8xxx/ddr
>> because it completely lacks 83xx support.
>> So: The feature I ask for is there but my CPU family is not supported.
>> IMHO the "new" code is total overkill for 83xx.
>>
> It would be easier to maintain one set of code. But if the change you
> need is relatively small to the old code and doesn't have negative
> impact on other boards, go ahead to post the patch.
yes - that's what I've been asking for.
So far Kim's NAK is still valid - let's see what his favorite solution
will look like.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Regards,
André

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstrasse 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner