[U-Boot] Update and Cut down mach types

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 19 16:21:05 CEST 2011

Dear =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Matthias_Wei=DFer?=,

In message <4DAD90AF.2080105 at arcor.de> you wrote:

> This will break a least jadecpu. We don't use Linux on this board. When
> porting I was requested to reserve an MACH_ID just in case the board
> will ever be used with Linux. This has not been the case for this board.
> But I would like to have this board in the u-boot tree. What will be the
> solution for ARM but non-Linux u-boot ports then? What should be passed
> to gd->bd->bi_arch_number?

I think you have two options:

1) Complain with RMK about the removal of yoru MACH_ID.  Explain to
   him that you use this elsewhere and ash to re-add it.

2) If you don;t use Linux on that board, there will be no code who
   ever looks at bi_arch_number, so just pass a random number (like 0)
   there.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It became apparent that one reason why the Ice Giants were  known  as
the  Ice  Giants  was  because they were, well, giants. The other was
that they were made of ice.              -Terry Pratchett, _Sourcery_