[U-Boot] Update and Cut down mach types

Matthias Weisser weisserm at arcor.de
Tue Apr 19 20:42:52 CEST 2011

Hello Wolfgang

Am 19.04.2011 16:21, schrieb Wolfgang Denk:
> Dear =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Matthias_Wei=DFer?=,
>> solution for ARM but non-Linux u-boot ports then? What should be passed
>> to gd->bd->bi_arch_number?
>
> I think you have two options:
>
> 1) Complain with RMK about the removal of yoru MACH_ID.  Explain to
>    him that you use this elsewhere and ash to re-add it.

The point it that it makes no sense to add an MACH_ID to the database
for a board that probably will never run Linux.

> 2) If you don;t use Linux on that board, there will be no code who
>    ever looks at bi_arch_number, so just pass a random number (like 0)
>    there.

This approach was rejected in 2009 when I initially send patches for
this board. But I would like to go that way (adding a comment so that it
is clear what is going on) So, I expect that this is OK and I send a
patch then when time permits.

Thanks,
Matthias