[U-Boot] TQM860L_config: u-boot.lds:76 cannot move location counter backwards

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Sat Dec 3 22:15:50 CET 2011

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 15:12:44 -0500 (EST)
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>   um, my understanding for the need of that script (or its equivalent,
> which i assume is just to switch to the git 4.2 branch), is to avoid
> this issue:
>
>   http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/eldk/2011-November/002052.html
>
> which is *precisely* what i ran into, so i'm assuming i need to back
> off to v4.2. unless that issue has been addressed already in the ELDK
> toolchain development branch but i didn't see any git commit that
> referred to it.

For mpc860 you have to use pre-build ELDK-4.2, available at [1].
Mount the iso file, install ppc_8xx cpu family version as described
in ELDK documentation [2].

Anatolij

[1] ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/4.2/ppc-linux-x86/iso/ppc-2008-04-01_freescale.iso
[2] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKInitialInstallation