[U-Boot] ROM_SI_REV on MX5

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Tue Aug 21 00:27:12 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Benoît Thébaudeau
<benoit.thebaudeau at advansee.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
>> Can anyone tell me where this offset is in relation to, or what it's
>> actually meant to be?
>>
>> Some parts of U-Boot read it out but I can't figure any part of the
>> docs that refers to this magic 0x48 offset or what it could be (or
>> what it should be when you read it out)?
>
> See "Figure 9-1. Internal ROM and RAM Memory Map" in the i.MX51 RM. This is the
> only reference to it that I find in the RM. All the details probably come from
> FSL's code. I think that it's close to IIM.SREV, if not the same. It's supposed
> to be a ROM version, but it's used like a silicon/tapeout revision.

We've got several boards that seem to randomly change ROM_SI_REV
contents on random boots (one of them went from rev2.5 to rev2.0 to
rev3.0 and back again), and looking at the details on a TO3..
IIM.SILICON_REV reports 0x10 for the revision of a TO3, so that's an
identifier for that I think, otherwise it's 0x00. For silicon revision
2.0, 2.5 I can't confirm this data at location 0x48 of the memory map
though. For TO3 the copyright string for the i.MX boot ROM has
basically gone (it's not random data at 0x00000000 though, it's
exactly the same every time..)

Looking at the GPIO registers I can't even confirm that the directions
we're setting in U-Boot are correct, although U-Boot is doing what we
consider to be "the right thing".. the board revisions come out fine
from PCBID.

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Product Development Analyst, Genesi USA, Inc.