[U-Boot] ARM ld: .bss overlaps section .rel.dyn

viresh kumar viresh.linux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 04:05:39 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Albert ARIBAUD
<albert.u.boot at aribaud.net> wrote:

> In fact, .bss overlapping .rel.dyn is normal -- the linker file even
> explicitly states this with ".bss __rel_dyn_start (OVERLAY)".

Ok.

> Which compiler do you use and which board exactly are you building?

As mentioned in the beginning of this mail, he tried compiling lot of boards,
spear 300, 310, 300 and spear600.

There is a internal distribution from ST we are using, STLinux. Maybe we can try
some other distribution, maybe Linaro. I can't really comment if this
issue is due
to the distributions we are using. :(

The latest by which Amit can try compiling it again is Monday. Lets see what
other distribution gives.

--
viresh