[U-Boot] ARM ld: .bss overlaps section .rel.dyn

Amit Virdi amitvi128 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 12:29:57 CET 2012

Albert,

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM, viresh kumar <viresh.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> > In fact, .bss overlapping .rel.dyn is normal -- the linker file even
> > explicitly states this with ".bss __rel_dyn_start (OVERLAY)".
> >

> Ok.
>
> > Which compiler do you use and which board exactly are you building?

We are using internal STLinux distribution. I tried compiling for spear320,
and I couldn't succeed. Just to move a step further, can you please try
"make spear320" at your end? If the error is not received at your end, I
can be sure that the problem is due to the distribution at my end.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Amit Virdi

PS: I used v2011.12. "spear320" entry isn't there in the boards.cfg file. I
shall be sending patch to update the same once I resolve this linking error.