[U-Boot] Skipping relocation RAM to RAM, esp. on i.MX6?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 8 00:26:05 CET 2012

Dear Aneesh V,

In message <4F30D06E.8060200 at ti.com> you wrote:

> I agree. Even on some platforms that are not fully static (such as having
> variants with different memory sizes) the minimum available memory is
> more than enough to allocate big enough partitions for each need at
> U-Boot level. And my guess (or rather speculation) is that platforms
> that do not have any real dynamic needs are in the majority. I sincerely
> believe that platforms should be allowed to enable/disable
> relocation based on their needs.

This is your opinion.  It is noted, and appreciated.

But you should not try to continue to ignore all the previous
discussion to that topic.  There have been no new arguments in this
round, so there will be no change of the previously made decisions.

Please accept that.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A mouse is an elephant built by the Japanese.