[U-Boot] Build u-Boot for NAND boot on i.MX53x platform

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Thu Feb 9 21:04:20 CET 2012

On Wednesday 08 February 2012 17:16:10 Bud Miljkovic wrote:
> Can someone clue me in how one goes about a NAND bootable u-Boot?

Bud

You can't actually run uboot from NAND per se. The rom boot loader reads the
image into ram where it runs.

Based on my experience with omap - which uses a very similar sequence - you
need to configure the uboot to run from the desired location in RAM. The
resulting uboot.bin must then be mashed in whatever way is appropriate for

-- CHarles