[U-Boot] USB support in U-boot for MX23EVK board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 13 09:57:22 CET 2012

Dear Shilpa Budhihal,

In message <FA04B2A1CD90BB43B811F51230EC7FCC02C258BA at INFHYDEX10MB3.corp.infotech-enterprises.com> you wrote:

>      I'm struggling to find USB support in U-Boot for MX23EVK board.
> I'm building u-boot source using LTIB(L2.6.31_10.05.02_ER_source.tar
> downloaded from internet). I'm able to find USB driver(i.e.,

Sorry, but LTIB is a Freescale provided out-of-tree port.  We can only
support mainline U-Boot here.  Please contact Freescale support for
problems with the Freescale code.

> ehci-hcd.c file) in U-Boot source 2009.08. But usb_init function call
> is not made in board_init function in the corresponding board
> specific file (evk23_evk.c). Could you help me finding what could be
> done for enabling USB support in u-boot to support for ARM based
> mx23evk board.

So far, Freescale did not bother to push their i.MX23 support
upstream (and nobody else did this either).  So we cannot help you.

Please contact Freescale support with questions to Freescale's LTIB
code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The White Rabbit put on his spectacles. "Where shall I begin,  please
your Majesty ?" he asked.
"Begin at the beginning,", the King said, very gravely,  "and  go  on
till you come to the end: then stop."                -- Lewis Carroll