[U-Boot] [RFC] mx53loco: Add 1GHz support

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 15:30:31 CET 2012

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 5:23 AM, stefano babic <sbabic at denx.de> wrote:

> I do not see pmic_dialog.c and where the constants for dialog are
> definded. Have I missed another patch ?

Sorry, I missed to do "git add" for these files. On this RFC I am
mainly interested in getting feedback about the reported CPU
frequency.

Would it be OK to delay printing the CPU info like that?

> U-Boot 2011.12-07170-g536d7cc-dirty (Mar 16 2012 - 17:53:26)
>
> Board: MX53 LOCO
> I2C:   ready
> DRAM:  1 GiB
> WARNING: Caches not enabled
> MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1
> In:    serial
> Out:   serial
> Err:   serial
> CPU:   Freescale i.MX53 family rev2.1 at 1000 MHz
> Reset cause: POR
> Net:   FEC
> Warning: failed to set MAC address

I am printing CPU frequency inside board_late_init because in order to
run at 1GHz we need to setup the proper voltages for 1GHz operation,
change the ARM CPU clock to 1GHz and then print ut.

Let me know if this is OK and I will submita new version of this patch.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam