[U-Boot] AM3517_EVM, MLO not booting

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 2 09:14:24 CEST 2013

Dear James Chandler,

On 02.04.13 00:24, James Chandler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was able to snag a BDI3000 and debug the issue.  It turns out that the NS16550 driver contains a while loop that waits for register or some other value to be set during the SPL's serial_init() function.  This condition was not being met, causing serial_init() to hang.  The solution was to add #define CONFIG_SYS_NS16550_BROKEN_TEMT to the AM3517_EVM configuration.  I tried to push this back into the git repository but get unexpected hang-up errors (new to git as well).

can you please read this thread [1] about the same issue? And maybe test
the latest patch [2] out of the thread (v5 currently) on your
environment and send tested-by if it works out.

Best regards

Andreas Bießmann

[1]
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/154996/focus=157422
[2] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/232394/

PS: Think about fixing your MUA, it is broken in terms of line length ...