[U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Apr 4 22:24:47 CEST 2013

Hi Tom,

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've tagged and pushed v2013.04-rc2 now.  We're getting closer to the
> expected release date, but I hope to meet the deadline still.

Great!

> First, a word of warning.  The syntax for 'ext4write' was changed to
> match the rest of the filesystem read/write commands.  If you had
> scripts or other things using this, please change them.
>
> Now, I know Albert is working on a pull request for u-boot-arm and in
> turn waiting on a few other changes to come in still.
>
> Next, we haven't met the goal of having the TPM related codebase and
> usage sorted out, but that's not a failing on the side of the folks
> pushing the code, so we aren't going to rip that out.  But I'm not going
> to pull the 45 part series in just before the release either.

Sounds reasonable - at this stage I don't think we have any choice as it is
too late for this code to have a decent test period. There is also the FIT
image code refactor and test, that sits on top of those. It's quite painful
to rebase though so I would appreciate it if could be considered early in
the next cycle.

Given the interest in the TPM code, it would be good if we could bring in
the pending TPM patches to this release so that U-Boot has everything up to
date on that. For example the sboot code you pointed me to makes quite
heavily use of the TPM and the 'tpm' command and associated that Che-Liang
wrote would be useful here. If you are happy to bring that in for this
release I will go through and create a bundle for it, and test it on snow.

I also plan to send you a patman/buildman pull, plus get the the cros_ec
series picked up.

> If you have specific bugfixes, please hit me up and CC the list.
> Putting my u-boot-ti hat on, aside from the MMC1 bugfix I just posted, I
> Manfred Huber's TEMT fix.

Will do.

Regards,
Simon