[U-Boot] Interrupt handling ARM cortex A9 ( Armv7) in u-boot

s_arm_uboot s.r.k.sankaran at student.utwente.nl
Fri Apr 5 12:45:24 CEST 2013

Hi all.

I am working on registering a gpio interrupt in the u-boot. I am using the a
Armv7 ( Arm cortex A9) platform. My question is about registering a IRQ
handler for the interrupt.  I tried writing the function pointer of my IRQ
directly to Interrupt vector table ( which is at 0xFFFF0000 in my case and
my interrupt id is 56 and i calculated the address accordingly). What does
thie CONFIG_USE_IRQ do and what is the purpose of the do_irq function and in
short how can i register a IRQ for this particular HW interrupt. I am used
to the higher level api's in the linux kernel and the lack of those api's in
u-boot is giving a hard time for me ;). So kindly help me with this question

Cheers,