[U-Boot] [v3] command/cache: Add flush command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Apr 7 10:29:31 CEST 2013

Dear sun york-R58495,

In message <C707E9F4D8007146BF8DC1424B113AC70B3A435B at 039-SN2MPN1-012.039d.mgd.msft.net> you wrote:

> > Can we not split this into:
> >
> > 	dcache flush
> > 	icache invalidate
> >
> > ?  This would make clear what's happening.
>

> The idea is to reuse existing code with minimum addition. For the applicati
> ons concerned, these two steps are both needed. Splitting them doesn't make
>  things easier.

Reusing code is a Good Thing, but not when it comes at the cost of
obfucating what the code actually does.

> If I have to use existing command, I'd rather to put these two steps under
> icache invalide <addr> <size>.

No, this is not acceptable.  The "icache" command deals with the IC
only, it must not meddle with the data cache (like flushing it).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Death, when unnecessary, is a tragic thing.
	-- Flint, "Requiem for Methuselah", stardate 5843.7