[U-Boot] [U-Boot, 1/4] cam_enc_4xx: fix CONFIG_SPL_MAX_SIZE semantics

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Tue Apr 9 16:11:32 CEST 2013

Hi Heiko,

On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 15:17:02 +0200, Heiko Schocher <hs at denx.de> wrote:

> Hello Albert,
>
> on 09.04.2013 14:42, wrote Albert ARIBAUD:
> > Hi Heiko,

> [...]
> >>
> >> Yes, that seems good to me, but I could not test it ...
> >
> > I can do a diff of the binaries with and without the patch --
> > normally, they should be the same except for the U-Boot version
> > identification. Would that do?
>
> Yes. I did this too, and see only a diff for the version string.

Thanks -- I've staged the 10K+2K change for V2.

> (But not forget to commit your change first, else the "-dirty"
> in the version string will insert an offset ;-)

I actually keep a 'fake_build' branch with a single nifty commit on
it that makes almost all version information sources constant (only
mkimage resists as it collects the current date and time
programmatically, but that's ok, I don't aim for 100% faking.

So, whenever I need to do bulk comparisons, I add this commit above the
two branches to be compared, and two batch builds later, I can compare
the .bins, even if different commit ID and/or local changes are
involved. :)

> bye,
> Heiko

Amicalement,