[U-Boot] [v3] command/cache: Add flush command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 11 00:50:56 CEST 2013

Dear Scott Wood,

In message <1365628243.8381.20 at snotra> you wrote:

> > > testing that we cannot do).  Blackfin is weird -- if we did a simple
> > > split at the C-code level it looks like we'd have two dummy loops
> > > executing.
> >
> > Huh?  flush_cache() does not include any loop for BF.
>
> Yes it does.  It's in assembly code (do_flush macro in cache.S).  Or at
> least, it looks sort of like a loop -- I'm not familiar with blackfin
> assembly code.

do_flush is not used anywhere within flush_cache(); we are talking
about "arch/blackfin/lib/cache.c" here, don't we?

What the actual implementation of blackfin_icache_dcache_flush_range()
resp. blackfin_icache_flush_range() resp.  blackfin_dcache_flush_range()
might look like is of no real interest for this discussion here,
right? We just need to call these functions, there is no need to
touch these in any way in the context of what we are discussing here.

Do you have any real technical arguments?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid.
                                                - George Bernard Shaw