[U-Boot] freescale i.MX28 mxsboot NAND booting on mx28evk bad blocks

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Sat Apr 13 16:42:01 CEST 2013

Dear Paul B. Henson,

> Let me just preface this reply with the disclaimer that I'm fairly new
> to embedded development, and it sounds like you know a lot more about
> what you're talking about than I do ;).

[...]

I'm not reading the thread as it -- again -- contains loads of baseless "is
broken" and "doesn't work" accusations left and right, sorry. I am CCing Fabio.

The issue with the bad sectors is known. This is because the kobs-ng scans the
NAND and fills the DBBT. This is not something that can be done off-line, so the
mxsboot can never generate such a image per-se. It can on the other hand
generate a bootable image. Note that the mxsboot is by default configured for
2048+64 bps flashes.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut