[U-Boot] [U-boot] Help: how to use AES crypto

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Apr 18 04:19:17 CEST 2013

Hi Jagan,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 3:25 AM, Jagannadha Sutradharudu Teki
<jagannadha.sutradharudu-teki at xilinx.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can you please share your inputs on how to use the AES crypto for encryption and booting linux, ramdisk and devicetree images.
> Appreciate if share any document that already did this encryption on u-boot.

For linux and ramdisk this should be easy enough - my verified boot
series creates a fit_image_load() function where this feature could be
added i think. For device tree it is a little more tricky, since at
present we look inside the device trees to determine the compatible
string so we know which device tree to pass to Linux. So we would need
to decrypt each one before looking at it.

Still overall I don't think this would be hard. Are you trying to hide
the binaries so that no one can read them from the flash?

Regards,
Simon