[U-Boot] [RFC] Remove ^L string

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 23 22:41:02 CEST 2013

Dear Tom,

In message <20130423185329.GK14952 at bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> > > Remove ^L string
> >
> > What is the purpose of this modification?
>
> Cleaning up the sources?  These are not intentionally inserted
> characters we have in a handful of files.  Mainly in "bedbug" files and
> malloc related files.

I have to admit that I did not find the proginal source reference any
more, but my understanding is that this was imported code from another
project, and I see little reason to "fix" it (i. e. making it
incompatible to the original code) if there is not a good reason for
it.

Formfeed characters in the source code are IMHO mostly a matter of
taste - in the editor they don't really hurt, and who of you has been
printing the U-Boot source code in the last decade?

So my recommendation is to just ignore this.  Let's focus on real
problems, or at least real coding style violations.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
HR Manager to job candidate "I see you've had no  computer  training.
Although  that  qualifies  you  for upper management, it means you're
under-qualified for our entry level positions."