[U-Boot] CONFIG_FIT on mx28evk board

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed Apr 24 06:44:39 CEST 2013

Seeing "Booting kernel from Legacy Image" was starting to make me feel
bad ;), so I thought I'd try out what's supposed to be the modern u-boot
image format, FIT.

My first attempt on the mx28evk board failed with "Wrong Image Format
for bootm command", looking into that I discovered the mx28evk config
does not include CONFIG_FIT.

After adding CONFIG_FIT to mx28evk.h and recompiling, FIT images seem to
work fine. Is there any particular reason it's not enabled for the
mx28evk board? Is FIT not the preferred image type for ARM, or at least
this variant of it?

BTW, I was working with the u-boot-arm git repo, updated as of today.

Thanks...