[U-Boot] P2020RDB: Error while using P2020RDB_SDCARD

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 25 21:32:55 CEST 2013

Dear Franck Jullien,

In message <CAJfOKBwJYrtqNhuB5GotXCpob_XNEiRNoZ+B97kSvsY0FCX_xA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm building u-boot from the git master for a powerpc target. I'm using
> the P2020RDB_SDCARD configuration.
>
> During the final link I get: uboot/arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc85xx/start.S:1118:
> relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `_start_cont'
> defined in .text section in arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc85xx/start.o

I cannot confirm that:

-> ./MAKEALL P2020RDB_SDCARD
Configuring for P2020RDB_SDCARD - Board: P1_P2_RDB, Options:
P2020RDB,SDCARD
 399825   23492  276304  699621   aace5 ./u-boot

Boards compiled: 1

> I'm using gcc 4.3.2.

Well, you should try working on a spaceship (or, rather, a U-Boot :-)
with only a handaxe as a tool.  Please get a recent version of a tool
chain for recent versions of the code.  See for example [1].

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/WebHome#Section_1.6.1.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as
a rightly timed pause.                                   - Mark Twain