[U-Boot] Questions about U-boot of customized MPC8315E board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 25 21:36:26 CEST 2013

Dear "du zhenhuan",

In message <202dafde.df1f.13e4197224a.Coremail.dev_du at 163.com> you wrote:

> 1, if NAND flash support is enabled,
> U-boot just print out  "NAND : "  without size info and then print out text like "machine check ...,",
>  then print out "resetting board ..."
> So the board keep resetting again and again.
> Does this  have anything to do with NAND FLASH size change or  NAND PART types?

It has probably nothing to do with the NAND flash size, but with the
NAND chip type, and/or with other changes you did for your port.

> 2.if NAND flash support is disabled,
>  U-boot just go to Ethernet PHY  initialization part and print out that DP83848 is not supported ,
> Where can I put new driver to support it?

PHY support is in drivers/net/phy/

Are you sure generic PHY support does not work for you?

> 3.How can I watch more ouput infomation during U-boot boot process to debug these problems ?

Define DEBUG for the interesting files?

Attach a JTAG debugger und fire up GDB?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a  member  of
Congress. But I repeat myself.                           - Mark Twain