[U-Boot] u-boot UBI support

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Apr 30 22:54:41 CEST 2013

On 4/29/2013 1:57 AM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>> MX28EVK U-Boot > ubifsmount recovery
>>
>> UBIFS error (pid 0): ubifs_get_sb: cannot open "recovery", error -22
>> UBIFS error (pid 0): ubifs_mount: Error reading superblock on volume
>> 'recovery' errno=-22!
>
> Try increasing CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_LEN, e.g. to 4MiB. That fixed it for me
> on a different board.

It actually turned out to be something a lot simpler. Unlike Linux,
u-boot only allows one active ubi partition. However, because it uses
the code from Linux, when trying to access a file system you still need
to specify which ubi partition it's on, which was neither intuitive nor
obvious until I dug through the code.

When I specified "ubifsmount ubi0:recovery", it worked perfectly.

Thanks…