No subject

Tue Apr 9 16:12:28 CEST 2013

set everything up in order to do a full non-falcon boot, and then simply
save a serialized version of the zImage/DTB/bootargs/... using a special
U-Boot command.

As such, in order to use falcon mode, we still have to solve all the
same problems that Dennis mentioned here so that the distro can set up
falcon mode, and falcon mode is just an optimization that you can use
once you've done that.

If we don't solve the problems Dennis mentioned, how would a distro be
able to automatically script the initial setup of the serialized data
that falcon mode boots?

And also, if a distro installs an updated kernel, how does it tell
U-Boot to invalidate the previously serialized data that falcon mode
uses to boot, and re-create it using the new kernel image?

So to me, falcon mode seems like a somewhat unrelated topic, and purely
an optimization.