[U-Boot] BDI3000 - Unprotect flash sectors

Waibel Georg Georg.Waibel at sensor-technik.de
Fri Jan 11 08:41:53 CET 2013

Hello,

i'm not sure if this is the right place for this question...however, here it is:

i'm using a BDI3000 to program uboot to the flash (Spansion S29GL512P) on a MPC5200B base board. Erasing / Programming works fine as long as the flash sectors are not protected (via PPB bit). On a protected sector the erase command fails (what makes sense). I thought I can use the unlock command to unprotect the sectors, but this command seems not to work:
> unlock 0xfff00000 1000
Unlocking flash at 0xfff00000
# Invalid parameter for flash programming

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Flash configuration:
[FLASH]
CHIPTYPE    MIRRORX16