[U-Boot] U-Boot Graphics Library?

Andre Renaud andre at bluewatersys.com
Wed Jan 16 23:42:42 CET 2013

Hi Simon,

On 17 January 2013 04:17, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:

> If we do this, rather than re-invent the wheel, does anyone have any
> suggestions on a very small and simple existing library that we could
> bring in to do this?

If what you want is a small graphics/font system then I'd recommend the
work stb libraries from http://nothings.org. He's got an image loader that
comes in at around 40k of x86 binary, which supports PNG, JPEG, GIF
etc... and a .ttf render of around 2,000 lines of code (not sure of the
compiled size). They're all public domain licensed, well maintained,
and have no external dependencies.
They're not the fastest, but they are the smallest that I've seen.

Whether it's a good idea to load such additional features into U-Boot
or not, I don't really know.

Regards,
Andre