[U-Boot] U-Boot Graphics Library?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Fri Jan 18 09:49:20 CET 2013

Alexander Holler wrote:

> And I think too that all this can be handled by adding a kernel (e.g.
> with integrated minimal initramfs) to u-boot. At least that is how I
> have handled such in the past.

I agree that graphics (apart from a logo) should be handled outside
U-boot proper - my own rationale for this being "how essential is this
for the primary operation of a bootloader, which is to set the system
up for execution of the main payload as quickly as possible ?"

The bootloader can still manage to provide quick feedback on which
kind of boot it is performing, normal or upgrade, for instance by
wait for upgrade start" can always be designed into the upgrade case
logo on a comfy workstation -- preferably with Gimp or Inkscape. :)

> Regards,
>
> Alexander

Amicalement,
--