[U-Boot] mpc512x: Trouble migrating from 2012.07 to 2013.01

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Wed Jan 23 16:24:40 CET 2013

> Now when I'm trying to migrate to U-Boot 2013.01 I face problems with a sudden hang. I see console output until the "Flash:" from arch/powerpc/lib/board.c::board_init_r() but nothing more until the board reboots on a watchdog reset after 30s.

Found that it was looping endlessly in arch/powerpc/lib/ticks.S::wait_ticks(). Reverting commit "ppc: Create a stack frame for wait_ticks()" made everything work again.

I am not fluent enough in powerpc assembly or gcc stack frames for the same to see exactly what is wrong. Perhaps someone with the necessary mileage could take a look?

BR // Mats