[U-Boot] mpc512x: Trouble migrating from 2012.07 to 2013.01

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 23 22:25:59 CET 2013

Dear Mats Kärrman,

In message <ED3E0BCACD909541BA94A34C4A164D4C427B4AA5 at post.tritech.se> you wrote:

> Found that it was looping endlessly in arch/powerpc/lib/ticks.S::wait_ticks(). Reverting commit "ppc: Create a stack frame for wait_ticks()" made everything work again.

This makes no sense to me  - especially as it works on all other
systems.

> I am not fluent enough in powerpc assembly or gcc stack frames for the same to see exactly what is wrong. Perhaps someone with the necessary mileage could take a look?

Well, you mentioned you were using a MPC5125 processor which is not
supported in mainline U-Boot, and which is known to have enough
differences in it's register layout that anything might be the cause
for such issues.

Is it correct to assume that you have a _lot_ of local modifiucations
in your tree?  I bet the problem lies there...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Anything free is worth what you pay for it.