[U-Boot] [U-BOOT] help on mmc driver

Lukasz Majewski l.majewski at samsung.com
Thu Jan 24 19:50:06 CET 2013

Hi Jagannadha,

> Hi,
>
> I need some help on mmc driver development on u-boot.
>
> Few questions:
> 1. is mmc framework in u-boot supports all type of card interfaces
> like SD, MMC, and eMMC

Yes there is a generic framework for MMC. -> ./drivers/mmc/ {mmc.c}

> 2. If I write a driver do I need to develop
> the common driver for all or a separate drivers for individual cards.

This is a generic framework. Normally you only need to write MMC
controller specific code to use it.

> 3. Is there any drivers in current u-boot drivers/mmc have individual
> card interfaces support (SD & MMC & eMMC)

AS fair as I know there aren't any "special" drivers for any particular
vendor.

> 4. is there any drivers in
> current u-boot driver/mmc  for common card intefaces (SD | MMC | eMMC)

Yes, you can refer to mmc.c
One good example is the sdhci.c code which serves for SD cards and eMMC
(at least for Samsung).

> Request for help.
>
> Thanks,
> Jagan.
>

> This email and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the
> named recipient(s) and contain(s) confidential information that may
> be proprietary, privileged or copyrighted under applicable law. If
> you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, or forward
> this email message or any attachments. Delete this email message and
> any attachments immediately.

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung R&D Poland (SRPOL) | Linux Platform Group