[U-Boot] Virtex 4 with XMD

Rommel Custodio sessyargc+uboot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:13:07 CET 2013

Dear Frank,

>Frank Lombardo <fastfrank <at> gmail.com> writes:

> So, that leaves me with the following questions:
> 1) Is the lack of flash memory causing THIS problem?
> 2) Am I missing some config items?
> 3) Does anybody have any advice on how I can debug this?

I'm on an ML507 and I use the default configuration for u-boot. So try the
defaults (SYS_TEXT_BASE and RESET_VECTOR_ADDRESS) first.

I used the instructions here when I used XMD:
<http://wiki.xilinx.com/powerpc-linux>
Just change the kernel ELF file for the u-boot ELF file.

There are two targets for all the u-boot supported Xilinx boards in the
boards.cfg. The one for Flash has "_flash" so it's very easy to differentiate.

All the best,
Rommel