[U-Boot] R: Beginner question: need help about LVDS channels for i.MX6Q SabreSD Board

Igor Ferrara Igor.Ferrara at dotsystem.it
Thu May 2 08:37:28 CEST 2013

Hi Fabio,
Sorry for not replying sooner.
I want to enable two LVDS channels because I noticed that the kernel
does not "seem" to initialize properly them if they are not initialized
before by the bootloader.
I'm also trying to understand the reason for this behavior.

Igor

Hi Igor,

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Igor Ferrara
<Igor.Ferrara at dotsystem.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Freescale SabreSD board with an i.MX6 quad-core processor.
> I'm using u-boot-2009.08 (released with Freescale's LTIB)

This list is about the official U-boot project, not the 2009.08 port
from FSL.

> I would like to enable both LVDS channels.

In mainline U-boot there is support for one LVDS panel in mx6qsabrelite
board.

You can use it as reference and add LVDS panel support in mx6qsabresd.

Please send us the patches.

> In the "lcd_enable" func (file: /
> board/freescale/mx6q_sabresd/mx6q_sabresd.c) I properly changed some
> registers following the advice of Freescale but I could not enable the

> second channel:
> https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93617
> Furthermore, the "ipuv3_fb_init" func is used to initialize a single
> Display Interface.
> Can you give me some advice to enable both channels?

What is exactly your use case? Do you really need dual display support
in U-boot?

Can't you just boot fast and use the dual display support that kernel
already provides?

Regards,

Fabio Estevam