[U-Boot] Compiling U-BOOT bootloader on x86

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun May 5 10:33:34 CEST 2013

Dear ravi tiwari,

In message <CAEA1ePfrRnUH=reO4nsk3c3S4Sx1oVsVLNSFPqvrWzGXfLzCoA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have followed following steps to compile it on x86.
> 1) make clean;
> 2) make coreboot-x86_config
> 3) ./MAKEALL -C x86

This makes no sense.  "MAKEALL" will as first thing run "make mrproper",
which makes 1) redundant and undoes 2).  If you want to compile for
"coreboot-x86", then only "./MAKEALL coreboot-x86" is needed.

> Configuring for coreboot-x86 - Board: coreboot, Options:
> SYS_TEXT_BASE=0x01110000
> make[1]: *** [interrupts.o] Error 127
> make: *** [arch/x86/cpu/libx86.o] Error 2

I recommend to run plain "make" so you can see the actual error
messages.  Otherwise, check the log files in the LOG directory.

> /bin/bash: sparse: command not found

In any case, it seems you should install "sparse".

> On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

And please: don't top post / full quote.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He'd heard her use that sweet, innocent  tone  of  voice  before.  It
meant that, pretty soon, there was going to be trouble.
                                        - Terry Pratchett, _Truckers_