[U-Boot] usb keyboard

Bo Shen voice.shen at gmail.com
Mon May 6 14:20:37 CEST 2013

Hi Maxim,

On 05/06/2013 07:09 PM, Maxim Podbereznyy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using Beagleboard and need to have access to u-boot without a
> console cable. Is it possible to operate u-boot with a USB keyboard
> and the display output to a DVI display which is currently available
> only when Linux boots.

I am not familiar with Beagleboard, the following is generic information
for your reference.

First, please check whether the USB OHCI host driver support on
Beagleboard. If support, add following two options in the board
configuration file
--->8---
#define CONFIG_USB_KEYBOARD
#define CONFIG_SYS_USB_EVENT_POLL
---<8---
and run usb start and then set stdin to usbkbd
--->8---
U-boot > usb start
U-boot > setenv stdin usbkbd
---<8---
This can be set through preboot.

Second, for display out to a DVI display, check whether u-boot support
it or not, if support, you can set stdout to the name of the DVI name.
you can use coninfo to get the name.

BTW, I am digging USB keyboard issue now, for more detail, reference:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/241551/

Best Regards,
Bo Shen