[U-Boot] Not able load u-boot from flash to ddr

sadashiva reddy nsr1512 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 17:53:22 CEST 2013

Hi,

I working on PPC440Gx processor.

I set the macro CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE to 0xFFFC0000. So, the u-boot.bin is
created with 256KB file size.

This file I am loading to flash using with BDI2000 emulator.

But after loading to flash the bootloader is not copying the file from
flash to DDR location.
This we confirmed by probing the data lines and address lines of flash and
SDRAM. Nothing was toggling when we probe the lines using CRO.

But when we program vxWorks bootloader i.e bootrom.bin where the TEXT_ADDR
is 0xFFE00000.
The bootrom.bin file is created with 2MB file size. When we load this file
to flash we are able to the see bootloader is copying to DDR location while
probing.

What could be the problem in u-boot case why it is not copying to DDR?

--
With Regards,
N.Sadashiva Reddy