[U-Boot] ARM: cfi_flash: Fix unaligned accesses to cfi_qry structure

Masahiro Yamada yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com
Fri May 10 12:13:58 CEST 2013

Dear Andrew Gabbasov,

Your patch seems to newly generate the following warning and error,
because your patch is changing the type of 'qry->max_buf_write_size' from u16 to u8[2].

> cfi_flash.c:2038:33: warning: comparison between pointer and integer [enabled by default]
> cfi_flash.c:2046:27: error: incompatible types when assigning to type 'u8[2]' from type 'int'

By the way, I also had this unalignment access problem for my board.
Before finding your patch, I was thinking another way to fix this problem.

My idea is to just use 'get_unaligned' and 'put_unaligned' functions
instead of introducing special macros.
With this way, we don't need to change the fields of struct cfi_qry.

If you fix the above problem, I think your patch will be fine.
But I am wondering which way is more smart.

Best regards,
Masahiro Yamada