[U-Boot] [Patch v2, batch 2 03/23] powerpc/pcie: add PCIe version 3.x support

Andy Fleming afleming at gmail.com
Tue May 14 00:49:21 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM, York Sun <yorksun at freescale.com> wrote:

> Andy,
>
> I think I caught this issue and asked Roy to submit another patch to fix
> it http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/230825/

We can't do it that way. I can't apply a patch which is known to break the
build -- it breaks bisectability. Roy, please submit a new patch which
works correctly for all platforms

However, the linked patch looks very much like a temporary workaround.
Clearly, 83xx needs some of the same definitions as 85xx, and making 2
copies isn't the solution. Somehow, they need to share the definitions. I'm
not entirely clear on why 83xx has its own pci code, but it's very
misleading to call the 85xx PCI code "fsl_pci", and leave out 83xx, even
though it shares some of the same code. Please propose a solution which
acknowledges and accommodates this shared functionality.

Andy