[U-Boot] 2013 Plumber's CFP: Fastboot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue May 14 16:00:50 CEST 2013

Dear Mehaffey, John,

On Mon, 13 May 2013 23:51:46 +0000, Mehaffey, John wrote:

> I am proposing a microconference on fastboot at the Linux Plumber's
> conference 2013 in New Orleans. The goal is to get to sub 1S boot
> times for a large (IVI) system using NAND flash. This pushes the
> state of the art, and will require innovative solutions in may areas
> of Linux plumbing, including bootloader, kernel init, UBI, and
> systemd.

Beware that the 'fastboot' you're talking about (making Linux boot
fast), especially written this way, may easily be confused with
'fastboot', which is the Android-specific protocol to flash a system
through USB (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_software_development#Fastboot).

Besides this minor comment, I'm looking forward for the notes of this
discussion on this very interesting topic.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons