[U-Boot] ARM v7: Flush icache when executing a program with go

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 17 00:13:50 CEST 2013

Dear Henrik,

In message <1368718669.25965.14.camel at localhost> you wrote:

> I do not like having these things arch specific. I implemented it as an
> ARMv7 hook only because there is no general cross-platform u-boot
> function for clearing the icache. I'd much rather have a generic
> function call for invalidating the cache and leave it up to the arches
> to get it implemented where needed.

There is a common, architecture-independent C API that implements
cache flushing/invalidation; please re-read the summary at [1]

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/158101/focus=158559

> Or maybe just punt it. If you are on an arch with incoherent caches then
> make sure to make use of the cache command to flush caches and maybe
> even disable caches before using go.

The cache commands currently do not support subcommands for flushing
/ invalidating the caches.  See again [1].

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Some poems rhyme